There are many things you can do you for love for Valentines that are inexpensive:
2. Don’t make a card at all, write a poem or a hand written note.
- 3. Buy a card at the dollar store or in the $1 section of the cards.
4. Use the left over red and silver foiled candy from Christmas (if you have any left).
- 5. Buy a heart cookie cutter and cut your own heart-shaped cookies, bread, cheese out for a heart effect.
6. Make dinner versus going out to eat. Find a yummy dish you both like and make it. Think about it. A $15 chicken dinner at a restaurant, might cost $4 if you made it yourself.
7. Look for a coupon for a restaurant if you do go out, to save some money.
8. Share a meal if you go out, think of Lady and the Tramp sharing spaghetti.
9. Go to a fast food restaurant and order off the kids menu, it’s cheaper and appropriate portions.
10. Take your love out for breakfast, instead of dinner, its cheaper. Look for a coupon.
11. Buy rose petals in a bag verses on the flower. This is much cheaper if you are going to make a spread of roses or trail. Ask the florist if they sell petals by the bag.
12. Rent movies online or find a movie you haven’t watched on TV or on Netflix, Hulu, etc that you are already subscribed to.
13. Buy your love something you need for the house versus something frivolous.
14. Melt some chocolate chips and dip in strawberries, pretzels, bananas. Very inexpensive.
You can save money by using one or more of these ideas and maybe splurging on another area. Holidays shouldn’t break your budget.
Note: You can also use these tips for anniversaries.
How will you save money on Valentines Day?