These are the deviled eggs I made for easter, they were cut in half differently than is normally done, to make them look like these baby chick eggs, (mine are a bit flat).
I used a small piece of carrot for the beak and a small bit of black olive for the eyes.
While they look horrible, the recipe is delicious.
Enjoy the recipe!
- 18 boiled eggs
- 1 cup miracle whip
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill relish (or finely chopped pickle)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Boil your eggs.
- Cut the eggs long width and remove the yolk of the eggs and place into a bowl. Lay out the whites onto a tray, or use a Tupperware Cold Cut Keeper
- With a fork, mash the egg yolks until they are fine. Add in 1/2 cup of the miracle whip, mustard, relish and sugar. Mix and if there is still some dry yolks, add more miracle whip.
- Taste and adjust if needed to your liking.
- In a pastry bag or use a disposable storage bag, place the mix into the bag (You could use a spoon instead if you like). Cut a hole on the tip and pipe it into each egg.
- Sprinkle paprika on the eggs and serve.