This is a simple and easy bread recipe. I use 1/2 whole wheat flour and 1/2 white flour to make it healthier. I have found when using just whole wheat flour, the bread is more dense and less willing to rise.
- 4 cups milk
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packets of yeast (3 packets if they are expired)
- 10 cups flour
- In a pan, add the milk, butter and sugar. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Let cool down to 115 degrees. (move to a large bowl)
- Once temp is less than 115 degrees, add the yeast and stir and let set for 5 minutes.
- You want the yeast to expand and get bubbly.
- Add in the flour 2-4 cups in at a time and stir.
- Once mixed thoroughly into dough, cover and let sit for 1 1/2 hours. Then punch down and let sit for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Now you can preheat oven at 350
- Make into loaves of bread or rolls. Be sure to let the dough rise into a loaf, rolls, etc. before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees until baked, usually 20-40 minutes.
Instead of 1/3 cup sugar, you could add 1/2 cup sugar if you are making sweet rolls.