I made this recipe and doubled the crisp so the entire top was covered with crisp.
You should use soft apples, like granny smith or fugi, or the apples won’t soften.
- 4 cups tart cooking apples chopped and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flower
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the chopped apples in a greased shallow pan (square pan works).
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the apples.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Sprinkle mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.