I use this recipe as my chocolate frosting recipe when I need a chocolate frosting recipe. It makes a lot, so you may want to cut it in half when you make it.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (can also use regular milk, just less creamy)
- Add the cocoa and confectioners sugar together until smooth and no lumps.
- Add butter and mix.
- Add vanilla and milk and mix until smooth.
- You can put in the fridge to stiffen up, but this can also make it harder to spread.