I’m feeling my couponing is at a lull and I’m getting good deals, but there are items on my want list, that I just don’t have coupons for. And 9 times out of 10, if I don’t have a coupon and it’s not a sale, I’m not buying it. And I wait.
For a coupon to be in the paper.
It just isn’t happening. So I took matters into my own hands and I wrote Brooks Beans (which is owned by Pinnacle Foods) and told them how these are the beans we love in our chili and could they send a coupon. And they did. I got 1 coupon for .25 off. Which worked great this week as the beans were on sale, so I got a discount on the beans for the next time we make chili.
1. Take a pen and paper and go to your pantry.
2. Write down all the brands/manufacturers you have in your food pantry, your bathroom cleans, laundry and wherever else you have different products.
3. Take this list and go to your computer and look the companies up. (search for them if necessary).
4. Look for coupons on their website to print.
5. If there are no coupons on their website, find the contact page and send them a note. Give a compliment on how you like or use their products, and request they send you a coupon. Make sure to INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS in your response, so they don’t have to ask you. It just makes the process easier.
6. Wait for your coupons to arrive.
You’ll be able to apply the coupons to sales to get great deals on food that you used. Manufacturers often give great coupons, that have longer expiration dates.
So go give some love to the manufacturers you love and wait for the coupons to roll in.