Stores that accept coupons, usually (and should) have some sort of coupon policy that you can view on their website.
It is a good idea to have this with you to reference when checking out.
- Cashiers usually have a small amount of time trained on coupons, so having the policy on hand should help clarify things. Ask to speak to a manager if needed or go to customer service after checking out.
You sometimes find that a specific stores may not follow the corporate coupon policy. It is best to ask the customer service desk or front store manager to clarify their policy. Nicely.
If you still don’t feel you have your answer, then contact the corporate headquarters for more information or clarification.
Each store varies on how they accept coupons. If you are just starting to coupon, I would recommend shopping one or two stores until you get comfortable with their coupon policy.
- print the stores coupon policy
- read the coupon policy
- take the coupon policy with you shopping
- ask to speak with a manager or go to customer service to clarify when there are problems
- contact corporate headquarters for clarification if necessary
- always been nice, ask for understanding when there are difficulties