These are fun and easy to make with your kids.
My kids loved making these and I think they loved eating them even more.
These would be great for a school Halloween party or if you are hosting a party, a great treat for everyone.
- Pretzel Rods
- Chocolate chips (or melting chocolates)
- White chocolate chips (or melting chocolates)
- Mini chocolate chips
- Pan or plate with silicone mat or parchment paper
- Small plastic bag or piping bag.
- Melt 1/2 cup the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds.
- Stir and microwave more if needed.
- Use a spoon and twirl and get 1/2 the pretzel covered in chocolate. (If you need more chocolate, melt more)
- Place onto pan and allow to set (I put them in the fridge to do it faster).
- Once set, melt 1/2 cup white chocolate chips until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- Place white chocolate into bag and close. Cut a small hole in tip of bag.
- Pipe white chocolate over the pretzels (where you have the chocolate already) and zig zag back and forth to make the 'mummy' cloth.
- Place 2 mini chocolate chips near the top to form the eyes of the mummy.
- Place in the fridge to set.
You can use melting chocolates, but I find chocolate chips work just as well. If you find your chips are a little dry, you can add a small (1/8 teaspoon) of vegetable oil and it will smooth out (add more oil if needed).