I made these muffins by mistake, while trying to make my Apple Strudel Muffins this morning.
They were awesome! So I thought I’d share with you.
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 granny smith apples
- Preheat the oven to 350. Use cupcake holders and place in the muffin pan, or grease it.
- Peel the apples and cut into small 1/4" size chunks. Add the lemon juice and mix. Set aside.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and ground cinnamon. Mix thoroughly, set aside.
- In a smaller bowl (or add into the dry ingredients, but it's easier to mix when you do in seperate bowl. Add eggs, butter and vanilla and mix. Add into dry ingredients bowl. Mix thoroughly. Add apples in and stir thoroughly.
- Take the batter and fill the muffin tin up to the top. This should fill 1 tin of 12 muffins completely.
- Place into oven and bake 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make sure to cut the apple pieces into pieces dime size, so they will cook evenly.