Store bought rolls having nothing on these light and delicious rolls. I just love eating the dough too.
Use all whole wheat flour if you like, but you will need more yeast. I do 1/2 and 1/2 on white and whole wheat flour (shown) to be semi-healthy.
- 4 cups milk
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 packets of yeast (3 packets if they are expired)
- 10 cups flour (can do 5 cups whole wheat and 5 cups white flour)
- In a pan on the stove, add the milk, butter and sugar. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Let cool down to 115 degrees. (move to your Tupperware Thatsa Bowl)
- Once temp is less than 115 degrees, add the yeast and stir and let set for 5 minutes.
- You want the yeast to expand and get bubbly.
- Add in the flour 2-4 cups in at a time and stir.
- Once mixed thoroughly into dough, cover and let sit for 1 1/2 hours. Then punch down and let sit for another 1 1/2 hours.
- Now you can preheat oven at 350
- Butter the pan and take a about 1/4-1/2 cup of dough and need the dough slightly and place into the pan so that the uniform side is up.
- Repeat until pan is full.
- Let dough balls rise till they are to the top of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees until baked, usually 20-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and take butter and brush it on top of the rolls if desired.
- Serve immediately or freeze in your Tupperware Freezer Mates and thaw as many as you need for the holidays or just because.