I love, no LOVE couponing. Here are tips and some of my favorite sites that I frequent to find the best savings deals on the stores that I frequent.
How to start!
1. Get coupons
2. Get a Sunday Paper or 2 or 3 . Before you leave the store, check to make sure there are coupons in the paper before you buy it.
a. Check Sunday Coupon Preview to know what coupons to expect.
b. You can also purchase coupon inserts instead of buying the paper.
3. Clip out the coupons you want to keep. Clip out the coupons you don’t want (you can attend a coupon swap to have others use and you get others you want.
4. Attend or host a coupon swap to exchange coupons with local couponers.
5. Make a list of manufacturers you use and contact them.
a. Contact them online or call them and compliment them on their product and kindly request they send you a coupon (be sure you give your name and address in the email you send).
7. All You Magazine at Walmart in the checkout aisle has a ton of coupons ($35 + per issue)
8. Visit the websites of the stores you shop at and sign up for their emails. They sometimes offer special discounts, restaurants may do this too.
9. Use sites to locate coupons, like Coupon Tom. This site allows you to search for coupons, find out what coupons are expiring and so much more.
11. Learn the stores coupon policy to know what restrictions they have on coupons. Print out the coupon policy and take it with you.
12. Consider mailing your expired coupons to military couponers. They can use expired coupons up to 6 months past their expiration date!
13. Make a seperate email address just for your couponing. This keeps your main email address clean and all your coupon emails in one location.